Senior Product Designer, Engagement
What is VEED.IO?
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $15M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 170+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
About the team
Product Growth is a multi-disciplinary team focusing on the growth user journey from activation to monetisation. The group works autonomously with a culture of “a startup within a startup”. The Engagement team is an essential part of the overall Growth team. As a new team, there are great opportunities to help shape the direction and contribute to the strategy.
We love interacting with our users and solving ways to move them from casual users to core users, increasing the amount of features the users use within the product, increasing frequency and number of videos exported.
Engaging your users is crucial to building a great product. Almost everything we do is deeply influenced by our discussions with customers, from our recently launched screen recorder product to eye contact correction.
About the role
You’ll join as a Senior Product Designer in our Engagement team, working horizontally across the entire VEED ecosystem (editor, dashboard) to drive business results. We’re looking for someone who can strategically contribute to our product development end-to-end and improve existing features.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring users return to the product, understand the value of the product and the features and continue to use more and more features.
Product design for us means a wide range of skill sets such as user research, testing, visual design, UX design, IA, prototyping, understanding data, and most importantly, user empathy.
You are focusing on users needs, and goals, while working towards the business objectives and striving to make the company successful.
What you will do
- Own the product design of the Engagement domain across the VEED while equally understanding the strategies of the activation and monetization teams
- Lead end-to-end product design from ideation and co-creation, to problem framing and implementation, including prototyping, user testing and visual design
- Understand user funnels, analyse and design the holistic user experience
- Experiment and optimise key metrics across the user journeys
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including the core product team across the entire product development lifecycle
- Leveraging qual and quant insights to inform your decision-making in a fast paced environment
- You're excited about Growth design. Ideally, you bring experience from an engagement or growth domain, where you have worked extensively on experimentation and hypothesis-driven product development.
- You have a proven track record in product design and have solved tough challenges of optimising for the business requirements, while keeping user needs in mind.
- You appreciate a design craft. You have a great eye for Visual Design (typography, layouts, color) and expertise in User Experience (interactions, journey maps, UX principles, UX research), alongside a desire to make things human and pleasant to use
- You're a team player. You love to collaborate with your cross-functional peers to shape and ship new ideas and concepts to millions of users
- You are curious and have a growth mindset. You are looking for new ideas, open to feedback and happy to improve things along the way
In order for our remote collaboration to work smoothly, we need you based in a similar timezone to London: GMT+0 to GMT+2
*Important: Please include a link to your portfolio together with your CV.
We think what matters is people. Afterall, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Senior Product Designer, Engagement
Loading application form