Senior Product Designer, Collaboration
What is VEED.IO?
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $12M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 160+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
At VEED, we’re enabling anyone to create professional-looking videos. We started out building an intuitive-but-powerful video editor. In speaking with our users, we discovered that there’s so much more we can do. People need support throughout the entire process of making a video, from recording, to collaborating, to publishing. We’re committed to getting this right, so we’ve formed a product team focused on these aspects of video creation and we are calling it the Nexus team.
About the team
Nexus is a multi-disciplinary team focusing on the collaboration aspect of video editing. The group works autonomously with a culture of “a startup within a startup”.
Making a video is very often a team effort, and people work on a video in many ways — from helping out writing a script, to recording a video together, to getting feedback on an edit. Our users do this all the time, but we know we can do so much more to make collaborating on a video effortless. This is why we founded a team around this challenge.
About the role
You’ll join as a Senior Product Designer in our Nexus team, which focuses on creating new features especially around collaboration tools. We’re looking for someone who can strategically contribute to our product development end-to-end and improve existing features.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for making the collaboration experience at VEED amazing. There’s a lot of opportunity here, and you’ll get to help shape many different areas of the product — you’ll research & design our dashboard, our viewing and commenting experience, and more. You’ll be working on the parts of the product that get seen the most — your job will be to convert those eyes into people creating videos.
Product design for us means a wide range of skill sets such as user research, testing, visual design, UX design, IA, prototyping, understanding data, and most importantly, user empathy.
You are focusing on users needs, and goals, while working towards the business objectives and striving to make the company successful.
What you will do
- Own the product design of collaboration functionality at VEED
- Lead end-to-end product design from ideation and creation, to problem framing and implementation, including prototyping, user testing and visual design
- Experiment and optimise key metrics across the user journeys
- Partner with the cross-functional team across the entire product development lifecycle
- Leveraging qual and quant insights to inform your decision-making in a fast paced environment
- You're a critical thinker. Ideally, you bring experience from a collaboration domain or equivalent, where you have built tools for multi-user interactions
- You have a proven track record in product design and have solved tough challenges to map out and make complex things easy-to-understand and to use through a variety of UX practices such as, IA, mappings, Jobs-To-Be-Done, and user journey
- You appreciate a design craft. You have a great eye for Visual Design (typography, layouts, color) and expertise in User Experience (interactions, journey maps, UX principles, UX research), alongside a desire to make things human and pleasant to use
- You're a team player. You love to collaborate with your cross-functional peers to shape and ship new ideas and concepts to millions of users
- You are curious and have a growth mindset. You are looking for new ideas, open to feedback and happy to improve things along the way
- In order for our remote collaboration to work smoothly, we need you based in a similar timezone to London: GMT+0 to GMT+2
*Important: Please include a link to your portfolio together with your CV.
We think what matters is people. Afterall, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Product & Design
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Senior Product Designer, Collaboration
Loading application form