Senior iOS Engineer
We usually respond within three days
What is VEED.IO?
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $12M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 160+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
About the team
You’ll be working on our iOS app, which will be a powerful video creation tool that allows anyone to create professional looking videos. VEED has millions of users on the web, and most of them want to use us on mobile too, so we’re confident this is going to be a huge success.
What you will do
We've started a few months back with a simple prototype; users loved it and we've since been investing in the app's continued growth. Currently our app has over 100k downloads, but still only does one thing - adding captions - and we have plans for a much bigger footprint in the video space!
- You want to do something different than building yet another app with lists and grids. Because we’re building for video creators, this is a great opportunity to dip your toes into many different areas and technologies: image processing, video manipulation, AI and so much more!
- You're excited about building tools that help people tell their story. You love working closely together with a small team to get something meaningful out every week.
- You want to help shape what the mobile team at VEED looks like. We're only just getting started — right now is a great time to join us. You'll be our third iOS engineer hire, but definitely not our last, so you can grow along with our company and make a massive impact.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about solving complex technical issues, takes pride in their own work, and enjoys exploring new ideas. We truly believe that the greatest candidates do not think of themselves as simply engineers, rather, they see themselves as makers who focus on outcomes. We know that not everyone fits neatly into a box, but here are a few things that we are looking for:
- You have at least 5 years working experience as an iOS Engineer.
- You have a proven track record → We’re a young company and at this stage, we need people that have been through this before. You've shipped successful products. You’ve worked on iOS apps at scale before, and have built products from scratch.
- You have experience working with video → Many iOS projects are about fetching lists and posting data, our app isn’t. As you’re building a video creation app with overlaying assets and filters, you will need to exercise expertise in areas like video processing, graphics, animation and rendering.
- You’re a team player → We work in multi-disciplinary teams — you'll work with a group of super-talented PMs, designers, engineers and researchers. Together you'll have to solve really complex problems, so you need to communicate well and be able to have good discussions with domain experts.
- You like the early stage → This team is early-stage, which means we're looking for people who enjoy being in a more ambiguous environment and like to help wherever they can provide the most value. Like joining a user call every now and then, to figure out how we can optimize the video creation flow, or setting up a regression framework for the iOS app.
- Bonus points
- you’ve worked on something that is in some way similar: like a photo editor or a product that involves storytelling.
- you have expertise with the Metal framework
The most important thing is that you are passionate about what we're building! If you're excited about the opportunity, but don't fit all of the criteria here, please reach out.
We think what matters is people. Afterall, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Senior iOS Engineer
Loading application form