Senior Full Stack Engineer, Acquisition
What is VEED.IO?
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $12M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 160+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
About the team
Over the past 4 years, VEED has grown its web traffic from zero to millions of monthly visitors. This can be largely attributed to our world-class SEO engine, and we are constantly looking for ways to expand our reach and bring more users to our platform.
The Acquisition team's main focus is to create and iterate on products that bring new users to our platform. This includes developing web apps like our Video Compressor, Video Converter and working on our high impact SEO landing pages.
The team has a “startup within a startup” kind of culture. We value being able to run experiments and ship new initiatives quickly.
What you will do
- Implementing clean, modern UI designs for our web apps and landing pages
- Creating APIs to interface with AI machine learning models and third party APIs to be used by in our products
- Building new features and improvements to increase metrics like conversion rate (CR), bounce rate (BR) and click through rate (CTR) on our landing pages and in our web apps.
- Supporting our existing internationalisation system and working with the wider user growth team to help publish new SEO landing pages in new languages
- Providing ideas for how to improve our process and infrastructure as a team to help us improve the quality and reliability of our apps
- Writing automation tests to ensure the team is shipping high quality, reliable software
- Collaborating with our product manager to test new product ideas and hypotheses by writing code to perform A/B tests
- Implementing product analytics tracking so the team can reliably track trends and gather insights from user behaviours
- Our frontend stack include Next.js, TypeScript and TailwindCSS for our landing page and web apps. More broadly across the product we use React.js, Redux and Styled Components.
- We use Fastify, tRPC and Prisma with TypeScript and Node.js for backend services.
- You are based in Europe.
- You are proactive. You are motivated to understand product/technical challenges and provide the best solutions
- You have a strong knowledge of TypeScript and other relevant technical areas
- You enjoy shipping regularly and having an impact
- You have a good understanding of testing best practises and understand how to create quality products
- You’re an excellent communicator and you’re able to work well asynchronously
- You have a keen eye for detail when it comes to implementing designs and building
We think what matters is people. Afterall, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Senior Full Stack Engineer, Acquisition
Loading application form