What is VEED.IO?
VEED.IO is an online video editing platform with a simple mission: enabling anyone to create professional-looking videos. For too long, video creation has been inaccessible to so many people — you’ve had to download & learn complicated software, and buy expensive equipment. What if you could create a video in five minutes, right from your browser? That’s what we’re building here at VEED.
We're already used by millions of creators around the world — from kids & grandparents to ambitious YouTubers, to companies like Amazon & Google — all using our products to tell stories, create content & grow their audiences.
Since we started VEED four years ago, we’ve grown faster than we could have ever imagined. We’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to over $10M ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 150+. And we’re still growing — we’d love for you to be a part of our journey.
About the team
The Tools team is responsible for a series of customer-facing video tools that are solving commonly searched-for problems (e.g. "embed video") and raising VEED's domain authority on video matters. In recent months, one of those tools experienced incredible growth in popularity and became our main focus - the Recorder! Our Recorder product allows users to create new content through the VEED platform in a simple, intuitive manner. Their audio/camera/screen recordings can then be instantly shared, fine-tuned in a lightweight editor, or fed into the VEED Editor for fully-fledged customization.
You will be supported by your amazing teammates but also regularly interact with other teams, whether it is cloud infrastructure, rendering, frontend, or backend, given that our products can sometimes touch the whole stack. You will have the opportunity to influence how our features are built and also the team's growth.
What you will do
Core responsibilities of the Senior Engineer:
- Ship features and improvements with a high degree of autonomy, supporting other members in reaching the team's delivery goals.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact on your team and others.
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity for your team.
- Provide mentorship for Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers.
- Shepherd the definition and improvement of our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code reviews.
- Drive innovation on the team with a willingness to experiment and boldly confront problems of immense complexity and scope.
- Proactively seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions that will enable the team to iterate faster.
- Participate in Incident Management and customer support reach outs.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are based in Europe
- Have extensive experience with React or another declarative UI component architecture
- Have experience deploying web applications and services at a production scale in a cloud environment.
- Are a pragmatic engineer able to make trade-offs between extensibility, optimization, and execution speed.
- Have a successful track record of mentoring and upskilling software engineers.
- Have strong cross-functional collaboration skills. You partner with members across the larger organization, communicate vision and purpose, drive clarity, and spearhead project initiatives.
- Are an effective communicator with the ability to influence both technical individual contributors as well as business partners.
- Experience with video and audio technologies
- Experience with Product-focused, fully remote teams
Technologies we use
- MediaRecorder API
- Google Cloud Platform
- Linux/Windows (we support development on any of these platforms)
- Google Test
We think what matters is people. After all, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to, or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Loading application form