Senior Product Designer - Acquisition
What is VEED.IO?
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $15M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 170+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
About the team
The Acquisition Team sits within the User Growth domain, a multi-disciplinary team focusing on the user journey from attracting unique visitors to converting them into active creators. The User Growth team creates content and landing pages across 35+ languages to fulfill the gaps users seek in the video editing space. By creating new tools, apps, and even startups such as the video compressor, we solve user’s problems in small and big ways. We measure our success on key metrics like acquisition, activation rates, retention and revenue.
The team currently focus on three areas:
- PLG based on content
- Micro apps, startups within a startup
- Internationalisation & globalisation
The User Growth team is a 40+ cross-functional group made up of teams of product, growth, engineering, design and marketing, where everyone supports each other to achieve the biggest impact possible. The group is self-sufficient with a culture of “a startup within a startup”. Led by our Head of Growth, Vincent Wei, the User Growth team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven.
About the role
You’ll join as a Senior Product Designer in our Acquisition team to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth through various initiatives, prioritising based on impact.
We’re looking for someone who can strategically contribute to our user growth domain as an end-to-end product designer.
Product design for VEED means a wide range of skill sets such as user research, testing, visual design, UX design, IA, prototyping, understanding data, and most importantly, user empathy.
You are focusing on users needs, and goals, while working towards the business objectives and striving to make the company successful.
What you will do
- Own product design across the Acquisition domain, launching “zero to one” products, iterating on and optimising exciting ones
- Lead end-to-end product design from ideation and co-creation, to problem framing and implementation, including prototyping, user testing and visual design
- Operate across user funnels to analyse and design the holistic user experience
- Experiment and grow key metrics across the user journeys
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including the core product team across the entire product development lifecycle
- Leveraging qual and quant insights to inform your decision-making in a fast paced environment
- You're excited about Growth design. Ideally, you bring experience from an acquisition or growth domain, where you have worked extensively on experimentation and hypothesis-driven product development.
- You have a proven track record in product design and have solved tough challenges of optimising for the business requirements, while keeping user needs in mind.
- You appreciate a design craft. You have a great eye for Visual Design (typography, layouts, color) and expertise in User Experience (interactions, journey maps, UX principles, UX research), alongside a desire to make things human and pleasant to use
- You're a team player. You love to collaborate with your cross-functional peers to shape and ship new ideas and concepts to millions of users
- You are curious and have a growth mindset. You are looking for new ideas, open to feedback and happy to improve things along the way
In order for our remote collaboration to work smoothly, we need you based in a similar timezone to London: GMT+0 to GMT+2
*Important: Please include a link to your portfolio including password together with your CV.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Senior Product Designer - Acquisition
Loading application form