Product Data Analyst (100% Remote)
What is VEED.IO
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $12M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 160+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
About the team
The Data organization at VEED are stewards for organizational knowledge. We are accountable for ensuring data provides value to internal staff and customers through data driven products, analytics, and processes and platforms.
Our vision for data is to inspire and create a data driven culture at VEED. We recognise that data, analytics, or reports are never the purpose. They are tools that aid the deepening of understanding.
About the role
Here at VEED, we’re constantly tackling complex problems to keep building our product in a way that our users love. As a Product Analyst at VEED, you’ll work closely with the Business Operations & Strategy team, Product Growth team, and Data team, to leverage data to help us solve some of the biggest strategic projects and questions in our business. For example:
- How changing our pricing structure will impact MRR and Retention?
- What customer segments or personas do we have in each of our plans?
- What is the best metric we should track for product experiment X?
- What main KPI drivers and levers do we have for Retention and Churn?
- How can we leverage our financial data to build a detailed dashboard to help the whole company understand what’s going on?
You’ll sit at the intersection of data & analytics, product, and finance to help us make sense of these critical questions. And, because you’ll be the first in this role - you will have great scope to take your career at VEED in whichever way you are most excited!
What you will do
- Partner with teams across the business, applying a data-driven mindset to focus our strategic decision making
- Work closely with the data team to ensure we have a single source of truth between our analytics platform (Amplitude) and our payments provider (Stripe) to be able to figure out the financial impact of business decisions
- Helping to design key metrics to measure and help grow different parts of the business & product, acting as a sparring partner to our PMs as they create new goals
- Maintaining and creating new dashboards to track metrics and visualise insights
- Promoting a data-driven culture and fluency across the company here at VEED!
- Previous experience in an analytical role, creating impactful solutions. You probably have 3-5 years of experience, but this isn’t set in stone!
- Strong background / education in a quantitative discipline
- We use Looker, BigQuery, Fivetran, Amplitude and DBT amongst other things for our data stack, so experience here would be beneficial, however, experience in similar tools (if not these ones) is a must-have
- Being a SQL guru is a must-have. We’d be really excited if you knew Python too
- Finance knowledge - you’ll own the process of determining the impact of experiments on our numbers, so knowing the intricate details / components of MRR, LTV, churn, etc. is essential
- A track record of success - either demonstrated through promotions at work or through other activities!
- Highly detail-oriented with a passion for problem-solving - and a bias for taking action
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
We think what matters is people. Afterall, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Product Data Analyst (100% Remote)
Loading application form