Senior Fullstack Engineer | React&Node
What is VEED.IO?
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $16M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 180+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
About the team
We’re looking for Senior Fullstack Engineers to be part of our Revenue team. VEED has had great success with consumers. The Revenue team’s role is to build on this success and create a product that is loved by businesses and set pricing structures.
The team is very mission-driven. We care about the outcome of the work we deliver. We move quickly to launch features and iterate. It’s a medium-sized product team (7 engineers + Product + Design) so you’ll be given a lot of autonomy and expected to operate on relatively high level scopes. To do this you’ll need to make smart decisions (in discussion with your peers) balancing engineering time with commercial impact. This is not a role where you wait to be told what to do. The right candidate will love driving the business forward and helping the team to achieve great things.
What you will do
- You will work with a small friendly team of senior engineers, a designer and the product manager.
- We move quickly to deliver high value features to users on a weekly basis.
- You will be given high level goals and trusted to deliver on them; filling in the blanks in discussion with engineers, designers and PMs; while maintaining a high quality of code
- The type of projects you will build range from collaboration tools, to security, to workflow management, to automated AI editing.
- You work in a location between GMT+0 to GMT+1
- Have 5+ years of experience in building complex web applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Have professional experience with React (including knowledge of state management and UI/UX) and implementing, deploying and maintaining scalable Node backends.
- Experience with both microservices and cloud providers such as GCP is a plus.
- Are comfortable with TypeScript, and understand how it helps foster a reliable codebase.
- Have a thorough understanding of different testing methodologies (integration, unit & e2e) and you take pride in delivering high quality maintainable code, with edge cases accounted for.
- Have a strong user empathy and passion to build a great product that users love.
- Be comfortable operating in an agile uncertain environment.
- Use data to solve customer problems and make a business impact.
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills - listening as well as informing.
- Love learning new things. The prospect of using unfamiliar tools and concepts should excite you.
We think what matters is people. After all, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Senior Fullstack Engineer | React&Node
Loading application form