Group Engineering Manager (100% Remote)
We usually respond within three days
What is VEED.IO?
At VEED, our mission is to make video creation accessible to anyone.
No hard-to-use equipment, painful learning curve, or keeping track of multiple subscriptions to take your ideas from record → share. With VEED, you can do this with a single tool.
In just a few years, we’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to $12M+ ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 160+. And we’re seeking more talented, motivated and entrepreneurial individuals to join our growing team.
What you will do
Supporting your Product Teams
- Help teams develop and be accountable for their objectives and key results.
- Lead team changes in your group with Product Leadership and coordinate wider team changes with other engineering managers and Product Leadership to ensure teams have the right mix of skills and number of engineers to deliver their objectives.
- Working with Product and Engineering Leadership in the group to forecast work, including providing technical and delivery insight to roadmap planning.
Line managing direct reports
- Support the personal development and career progression of engineers and Engineering Managers by helping them to decide, set goals and agree on actionable steps towards achieving them.
- Encourage reports to actively learn through self-study, online courses, training and conferences.
- Proactively collect feedback and provide it regularly and promptly.
- Provide pastoral care to reports by listening to their personal needs and problems and addressing them where possible: holiday, time off in lieu, compassionate leave, flexible working, trial etc.
- Manage underperformance including conducting a disciplinary process with support from HR if necessary.
- Conduct regular salary reviews for reports based on a full picture of their performance utilising personal and team objectives as well as feedback from peers.
- Coach and develop Engineering Managers to ensure excellent quality of management throughout the technology team.
Developing the rest of the technology team alongside the leadership team
- Develop and improve structures and processes to support everyone in the technology team: competency framework, engineering ladder, career paths and remote working policy.
- Run and refine the technology team hiring process.
- Encourage an inclusive culture of learning by organising and attending internal events: book/technology clubs, learning hours, talks we love and similar.
Representing the company to the wider world
- Coordinate the placement & sharing of job ads to best attract a diverse range of candidates.
- Attend and speak at relevant events.
- Promote the company's mission, culture and technology strategy.
- Demonstrable experience leading multiple software teams. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineers
- Experience in hiring and developing software engineers
- Strong communication skills – technical and non-technical across all levels
- Experience with Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
We think what matters is people. Afterall, a company is just a group of people. We don’t care about where you’re from, what school you went to or where you worked before. If you’ve done exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
Join us on our mission to make creative storytelling with video simple and accessible for everyone.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly!
⛰️ Fully remote culture
Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been <3
💵 Monthly Subsidy Programme
Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most - whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
🏄🏻♀️ Unlimited paid holidays
We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
💻 Home office set up
We have partnered with Hofy globally to create a catalogue of options that you can select from for VEED-funded IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
Group Engineering Manager (100% Remote)
Loading application form